San Rafael, CA
Legal Aid of Marin provides no-cost, holistic, civil legal services and resources to Marin County residents experiencing poverty and individuals who are currently, or have historically been, marginalized. Legal Aid of Marin’s mission is to create an equitable Marin by empowering the community through legal representation, advocacy, and education. We envision an inclusive Marin with equal justice and opportunity for all.
Legal Aid of Marin (LAM) is a growing, collaborative, civil legal services organization based in San Rafael, California. Each year, LAM Staff provide thousands of Marin residents with access to direct civil legal services and resources. Our priorities include: recovering wages for immigrant workers; advocating on behalf of tenants and enforcing renter protections; providing legal services aimed at homelessness prevention and housing preservation; representing individuals in consumer protection matters, connecting seniors with estate planning services; restoring driver’s licenses and eliminating fines through the Marin Community Court program; increasing access to pro bono legal services in partnership with the private bar; and connecting Marin residents to local community-based organizations providing access to social services. Our Staff works collaboratively to bring services to the community we serve by engaging in regular outreach in partnership with community-based organizations across Marin. We practice holistic and trauma-informed lawyering, working tirelessly to increase Marin County residents’ access to the civil justice system.
Duties and responsibilities
Supervised by LAM’s Programs Officer, the Outreach Coordinator (OC) will support LAM’s goal to increase housing stability for veterans living in Marin and will also serve as the coordinator for the Driver's License Workshop program. The OC will be responsible for coordinating and conducting intensive outreach, education, and engagement activities to promote LAM’s legal services in the community. The role will involve collaborating with veterans’ services organizations, connecting veterans with legal services and other safety net resources, and supporting Driver’s License Workshop participants in obtaining their California driver’s licenses. The OC will support the strategic direction of LAM’s outreach programming to ensure our efforts reach the communities we serve and maximize our impact.
- Duties Include:
•Serve as a liaison with the San Francisco VA Medical Center to coordinate both in-house and external legal services for veterans in Marin County
• Coordinate with Driver’s License Workshop participating agencies and the DMV to assist participants in obtaining California Driver’s licenses
• Conduct regular outreach events with veterans and Driver’s License Workshop participants to raise awareness about LAM’s legal services
• Maintain veteran and Driver’s License Workshop client case files, verify eligibility, and provide ongoing support and guidance with referrals to community resources
• Proactively engage with individuals to ensure active program participation and measure increased housing stability
• Collaborate with non-profit organizations and County agencies to increase participants access to LAM’s services
• Assist program participants in connecting with mental health, substance use, underemployment essential life skills, and employment opportunities through Legal Aid of Marin's services and appropriate referrals
• Maintain a daily participant log and comprehensive case notes to effectively track and document client interactions and progress
• Attend program meetings, staff meetings, supervision, and training sessions to stay informed and contribute to program success
• Coordinate LAM’s outreach calendar and support organization-wide outreach strategy, partnerships, and programs
• Implement thorough data collection practices to meet program goals and report program outcomes in a timely manner
- • Fully bilingual in English and Spanish, both spoken and written
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to build consensus and contribute to a collaborative environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with quickly shifting priorities and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to respectfully communicate and collaborate with clients, attorneys, coworkers, and community partners
• Willingness to accept feedback and address areas for professional growth
• Strong organizational skills and ability to perform detailed work
• Ability to multitask, be proactive, and work independently
• Excellent computer skills, including data entry and Microsoft Office
• Strong interest in serving marginalized and underserved people in Marin
• Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance
• Knowledge of Marin County’s resources and organizations
This is a non-exempt full-time position and pay is hourly at $33 (40 hours per week). Overtime hours are permitted at the discretion of LAM’s Executive Director. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation leave, sick leave, health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan participation, and employer contribution to retirement after six months of employment.
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter and resume to Julia Calderon, via email to: email@example.com. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. Our review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Due to the number of candidates, we will only contact candidates moving forward in the interviewing process.
Legal Aid of Marin is committed to promoting a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, BIPOC individuals, LGBTQ community members, veterans, people with disabilities, and individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and refrain from discrimination based on race, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.